CrossLink Medical Resources® is launching its Pilot Program beginning with a population containing the highest Hepatitis C prevalence:the Egyptian-Americans. In 2013, CrossLink Medical Resources® has addressed resource gaps in the Hepatitis C community through the large influx of Egyptian immigrants in recent years:
- Offered educational sessions to over 500 people led by a hepatologist and state health department in their own native language
- Successful screening and counseling over 100 Egyptian-American people on National Hepatitis Day 2013
- Acknowledgement by CDC for screening
- Letter of Recognition from the Pennsylvania Department of Health as having conducted the highest number of all Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) screenings reported for 2013 events.
CrossLink Medical Resources® Hepatitis C program intends to connect individuals with the HCV global healthcare community by supporting healthcare navigation and delivery in a personalized, integrated, and comprehensive approach. The process is structured to reduce barriers to care and support optimal treatment based on HCV genotype and other factors.
CrossLink Medical Resources® Helping Others.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) has declared Hepatitis C the most common chronic blood borne infection in the US. In fact, Hepatitis C has reached the threshold for the World Health Organization to declare it a global health problem. CrossLink Medical Resources® connects individuals with Hepatitis C to resources best suited to care for them in the global healthcare community. CrossLink Medical Resources'® program goal is to facilitate, advocate, and promote awareness and access to care for those suffering with Hepatitis C by developing a Patient Advocacy One Stop Center:
- A secure consumer interface using software technology
- A comprehensive database of medical resource information
- A centralized advocacy process to connect patients to personalized services.
CrossLink Medical Resources'® current objective is to develop and implement a prototype of a Patient Advocacy One Stop Center—Specifically an online, personalized, and secure consumer interface that utilizes innovative, intelligent software technology and a comprehensive database to deliver medical resource information tailored to the consumer's needs. Our goal is to create a centralized and defragmented personal healthcare advocacy process, directly connecting patients to the services which are right for their own unique medical needs.